Kumamoto YMCA Japanese Language Education’s “Total Guidance Program”
Kumamoto YMCA adopts a homeroom system and places emphasis on guiding students toward next level of education.
Through consultations, homeroom teachers will gain a clear grasp of each student's future goals as well as their motivations.
Teachers then create interview practices and/or thesis guidance suited to each individual student.
- We provide thorough Japanese language instruction.
- We emphasize the basics, including pronunciation.
- We support your learning outside of classes (for example, homework and mini quizzes).
- We design curriculum with a focus on continuation to higher education (i.e. project work, computer training, English, Mathematics, interchange classes at local schools, and so on).
- We offer private guidance for entrance exam, interview skills and essay writing.
- We arrange opportunities for the acquisition of real-life Japanese through outside activities (for example, interaction with local people, and so on).
- Homeroom teachers are also available for consultation.
|Course term||2 years (Enrollment in April) or 1.5 years (Enrollment in October)|
|Class hours||25 class hours/week, Monday through Friday|
Private Conversation Practice
We provide you with the opportunity of private conversation practice with Japanese volunteers after school. We hope you will acquire not only natural Japanese conversation proficiency but also an understanding of Japanese culture by talking with many Japanese people.
|Period||Application Fee||Admission Fee||Tuition||Materials & Facility fee||Total|
Besides the total fee listed above, you will be required to pay between 30,000 and 40,000 yen for school activities and events.